Vieather or Appy Weather?

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Which is overall a better app and most accurate? I feel Accuweather.com data is very accurate, but how does it compare to Forecast.io?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Appy Weather: regular updates, responsive developer, clean user interface, toast notifications for precipitation warnings (with granular settings), backed by accurate weather forecasts from forecast.io... Comes for a price, though.

The accuracy of Forecast.io depends mainly on geographic location. The same goes for Accuweather. I am not fully aware of the databases which Accuweather uses for its services, but at least Forcast.io uses several weather models to come up with its forecasts. If you live in the United States, Accuweather might have an edge (but not through Vieweather!) due to the availability of their "NowCast" service... this can be accessed through their SkyMotion App.

As an independent meteorologist, I always refer to more than one weather source for information. Forecast.io is a bit on the conservative side when it comes to forecasts, detecting mostly only the major weather systems (e.g. isolated rain showers that last only a few seconds are not included). But when Forecast.io says there's 100% chance rain, it's surely going to rain at that particular place.:cool:

sanjeet_deshwal

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Accuracy depends on your location.
The site below tracks how accurate weather forecast providers like AccuWeather, Dark Sky (forecast.io), WeatherBug, and even the National Weather Service are when it comes to predicting the high and low temperatures as well as precipitation (rain and snow). You can view data for the last month or over the last year.
The results depend on your Zip Code.
Enter your zip code for checking accuracies of different providers.

http://www.forecastadvisor.com/

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Accuracy depends on your location.
The site below tracks how accurate weather forecast providers like AccuWeather, Dark Sky (forecast.io), WeatherBug, and even the National Weather Service are when it comes to predicting the high and low temperatures as well as precipitation (rain and snow). You can view data for the last month or over the last year.
The results depend on your Zip Code.
Enter your zip code for checking accuracies of different providers.

http://www.forecastadvisor.com/

I compared against other weather sites using that, best would be MeteoGroup but no weather app uses them.

The Weather Channel, Intellicast, and Accuweather have the most accurate data. Forecast.io is off by at least 3 degrees x.x

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ugly UI and very unhelpful answer as it does not answer my questions and it is not an app I asked about.

Most would just look at the suggestion as a 3rd choice and maybe you would find it just as wonderful as I do. You'd rather snap my head off for trying to help. I won't bother to help you again.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Most would just look at the suggestion as a 3rd choice and maybe you would find it just as wonderful as I do. You'd rather snap my head off for trying to help. I won't bother to help you again.

I checked it and I didn't like the visuals, sorry for being blunt. Two I mentioned only those two apps in the question...
If I were looking for a alternate suggestion I'd have included that in the description or question. I had looked at several apps and used some but it came down to JUST those two apps.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
never used Appy Weather, heard good things about it, from guys who uses it in this forum but Vieather has issue where it keeps on forgetting location or unable to pull data. I don't know how it is now. Currently, I am using Amazing Weather HD which is good enough for me and also Blue Skies is not bad either.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
never used Appy Weather, heard good things about it, from guys who uses it in this forum but Vieather has issue where it keeps on forgetting location or unable to pull data. I don't know how it is now. Currently, I am using Amazing Weather HD which is good enough for me and also Blue Skies is not bad either.
Vieather hasn't done that to me ever so far, amazing weather is too large for what I need it for, plain basic app with metro design, transparent live tile, acuurate weather data. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon