Why is my CNN Mobile website redirecting on IE?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

CNN Mobile website redirecting on IE

After the Cnn website had an update, I haven't been able to access the m.cnn.com website through my phone. It just has a pop up saying "You need to install an app for this task" (see screenshot). It directs me to download one of 3 apps:
1) Lumia Creative Studio (YUP!!!!)
2) UC Browser
3) Incognito Browser

I downloaded UC browser and the website works on it. I tried turning off wifi and seeing if it works on IE, no dice. Desktop mode however does show the new CNN layout. But it is so laggy to scroll i cringe just thinking about it!!!!!

Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions?
Yes, I cleared history. Yes I turned off data sense. I don't know what else to try. Would really appreciate it as the CNN app doesn't have all the news articles that the website does.

P.S. In the past, I had problems going yo the CNN money mobile site. Whenever I would click on the "money" tab on the mobile CNN website, it would redirect to m.money.com and that never worked either. Now the whole freaking website doesn't work. Ugh.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: CNN Mobile website redirecting on IE

Works just fine for me. IE switches you out of m.cnn.com to cnn.com.
wp_ss_20150124_0001.jpg

narutofan

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: CNN Mobile website redirecting on IE

For some reason the redirect is not working on my phone... Instead that pop up is showing.

(I'm the op, btw)...

Hope someone can help. Attaching my firmware info.as well. I'm on Tmobile using Lumia 925. Thanks.

wp_ss_20150125_0002.pngwp_ss_20150125_0001.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo