Why can't I install my software update on my Nokia Lumia?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why can't i install my software update on my nokia lumia?

so, couple moths ago i tried to install the newest software update on my nokia lumia 820 but in the middle of the proces (while my phone was turning of/on as needed) suddenly a sad face appeard in the middle of my phone. after that i could't do anything (i tried hard reset, soft reset, pulling my battery and then putting it again)but nothing helped. then i send it to repair shop they said that they don't know what it is but the think it is a virus, but they repaired it. but yesterday i red somewhere that nokia phone can't get any viruses... but now i see there is a new update with so much new helpful feautures but i'm scared to install it. what should i do?

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: why can't i install my software update on my nokia lumia?

so, couple moths ago i tried to install the newest software update on my nokia lumia 820 but in the middle of the proces (while my phone was turning of/on as needed) suddenly a sad face appeard in the middle of my phone. after that i could't do anything (i tried hard reset, soft reset, pulling my battery and then putting it again)but nothing helped. then i send it to repair shop they said that they don't know what it is but the think it is a virus, but they repaired it. but yesterday i red somewhere that nokia phone can't get any viruses... but now i see there is a new update with so much new helpful feautures but i'm scared to install it. what should i do?
Hello,
At first I believe that you didn't have to send it for repair and pay a buck. You should have used the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. It's available to Download on PC so you connect your Phone To the PC and do the recovery so your phone gets the latest official update it had. Without paying a buck and sending it to repair.
Second, I think that you don't need to worry about anything. Just to make sure you are safe, Backup the things you need. And do the update. If something goes wrong, use the Lumia Recovery Tool to have a fresh operating system again then download the data you backed up before.
Third, Good luck ! 😄

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: why can't i install my software update on my nokia lumia?

Make sure you update with your phone charging

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon