Can I have some Onedrive help?

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
onedrive help please

Hello. My OneDrive on my laptop only sync with my phone in one way.

Basically what I mean is if I upload a pic on OneDrive using my phone then it will also save to the PC

But if I upload a pic on OneDrive on my PC it wont save to my phone. Any help would be great

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: onedrive help please

Hello. My OneDrive on my laptop only sync with my phone in one way.

Basically what I mean is if I upload a pic on OneDrive using my phone then it will also save to the PC

But if I upload a pic on OneDrive on my PC it wont save to my phone. Any help would be great

Sounds normal. Think about it. You don't really want your entire Onedrive collection to be downloading to your phone, do you? That's the whole point of cloud storage. You'll run out of space on your phone... Your PC on the other hand, may have plenty of hard drive space to sync your whole Onedrive, yes, you upload a pic to Onedrive with your phone, and it appears on your PC. But if you upload some pics to Onedrive from your PC, it's better for them to just stay on Onedrive, and then you can access them as you need them with your phone and the Onedrive app... (only download the pics you want to your phone) Know what I mean?

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Sounds normal. Think about it. You don't really want your entire Onedrive collection to be downloading to your phone, do you? That's the whole point of cloud storage. You'll run out of space on your phone... Your PC on the other hand, may have plenty of hard drive space to sync your whole Onedrive, yes, you upload a pic to Onedrive with your phone, and it appears on your PC. But if you upload some pics to Onedrive from your PC, it's better for them to just stay on Onedrive, and then you can access them as you need them with your phone and the Onedrive app... (only download the pics you want to your phone) Know what I mean?

Sorry i didn't explain it correctly... Basically the problem is when I upload a pic to one drive from the laptop it doesn't show up on onedrive on my phone

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Sorry i didn't explain it correctly... Basically the problem is when I upload a pic to one drive from the laptop it doesn't show up on onedrive on my phone

If it doesn't get uploaded, you should have an according error message on your computer. Check the OneDrive icon in the SysTray, does it have a tiny red sign on it? If so, there's definitely a problem with one or more pending up- or downloads. Right click the icon and choose "show synchronization problems" or something along those lines. It might be an improper filename or something.

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

The strange thing is its built into my OS on the laptop so I can't dive into any folders. It's not even listed in to the section where you can uninstall programmed on the laptop. I would be happy to uninstall and re-install it but I don't have that option at all anywhere

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Open your File Explorer and take a look at the navigation pane on its left side. There is "OneDrive". Double Click it to access all its containing folders. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes