matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There are good free anti virus/malware remover like Malwarebytes, avast etc. But they are not the best. I recommend you searching it on your browser and also read comments and reputations about those free anti viruses.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The built in Windows Defender?

I used to be one for researching and selecting freeware AV... No more. Windows Defender has really come along in the ratings since introduction back in the Win 7 debut.

Nice small footprint as well.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personal Choice:

Windows Defender (built-in, turned on by default) for basic protection.
Avast! if you want more firepower and features at the cost of some notification popups at times.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Ask 10 IT dudes this and you'll get 10 different answers.
They all do pretty much the same thing. The only thing you can say for sure is that none of them will catch everything.
I don't bother these days - other than Windows Defender. I just stay away from dodgy sites/files/torrents/mails etc.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Built-in windows defender is enough for me,fewyears with it and not a single problem. As long as you keep away from suspicious sites, friends usb drives, untrusted ads and fake software, you are fine.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I only use malwarebytes on my desktop pc for over a year now and I'm still not having any issues, windows defender is good but slow and doesn't remove what it supposed to remove.Its how you use you computer: What you download/install, sites you visited. Pro tip here "Never trust the Cyber world, everything can be hack or compromised" so be careful on free toolbars, free games, free PC tune up, and free software's there's a reason why they're free. As the only tech person in the house, this is how I protect our computers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786