I lost all of my my system files after a virus affected all file type changed, how do I get them back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my all system file virus affected all file type changed

Dear All

I lost my Excel PDF JPG and DOCX file after affected Virus
i got a mail with attachment unfortunately i opended that after these all file types changed as "5.XLS.ljftgzc" like thisand also file type like ljftgzc even PST file also changed and correpted

please help me sir

Lalu R.S

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: my all system file virus affected all file type changed

If you go into Control Panel, in the top right corner change view to small icons. Find Default Programs. Click the second option, Associate a file type or protocol with a program. There, you can change your file associations back. Find XLS, XLSX, DOC, DOCX, PDF, JPG in the list of file extensions, and re-associate them with the appropriate programs.

However, if you have a virus, make sure that is completely eradicated from your system first. Often times, it is difficult to know for sure that you have eliminated all traces of the virus from your PC. If you're not sure, then the best course of action is to format your hard drive and reinstall Windows from the CD. That is the only way to know for sure that your computer is clean.

hb1x

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Dear All

I lost my Excel PDF JPG and DOCX file after affected Virus
i got a mail with attachment unfortunately i opended that after these all file types changed as "5.XLS.ljftgzc" like thisand also file type like ljftgzc even PST file also changed and correpted

please help me sir

Lalu R.S

In case you come back, which I highly doubt, do let us know about your progress. I 'may' be able to help. :)

Last edited:

benedict

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like your system is infected by CTB Locker (Curve-Tor-Bitcoin Locker), otherwise known as Critroni, is a file-encrypting ransom ware infection , it was disguised in the attachment you opened, when you run a scan and the infection gets detect, it will trigger a process which will open a pop up and ask you to pay a ransom in bit coins to have your files decrypted, Bing CTB Locker ransom ware open the article in bleeping computers,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers