Lumia 535 connects to my bsnl modem through wifi. Now how to connect to broadband from it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have purchased one lumia 535 recently and desperately trying to use the wifi connection to connect to internet. My phone connects to my bsnl modem typeII very easily. But after that how can I connect to my broadband connection by providing my user id and password? Please help.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Your phone does not need your broadband username and password, they are only used by your modem to connect to your isp as without these it won't be able to authenticate. Meaning simply it woudn't be able to connect to the internet at all.

From your post it sounds like your phone already connects via WiFi.

So therefore you don't need to anything else just open you internet explorer and surf or use the search button. Alternatively you can download the many browsers from the store such as UC Browser, Opera Mini (Beta) etc (I am presuming you have already signed into your Microsoft Account?).

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
You can not "dial" the internet connection on L535 as you usually do on your PC. For that you'll need to set up your BSNL router to 'PPPoE' mode with always on connection. I presume currently your modem is setup in 'Bridge' Mode (if you need to dial the internet the old fashioned way). BSNL tecnitial will help you set the things up if you do not know how to. Or else you can always find the way online and even on BSNL's official website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3