Can I get some recommendations for a Qi wireless receiver card for a 1520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Qi wireless receiver card for 1520

Hi,

I have a Lumia 1520 from AT&T and of course they ripped out the Qi charging capabilities. I'm looking for a Qi wireless receiver card that I can attach to my 1520.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should buy and how well it works?

Thanks a million.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Qi wireless receiver card for 1520

Why not the official charging case by Nokia? Honestly, I haven't seen any other than that.

Because that's NOT Qi, it's PMA & will not work w a Qi charger. AT&T has thrown in with the PMA consortium, thus had Nokia rip out the Qi charging.

He's (probably) referencing the charging tapes / circuits you can purchase, that plug into the microUSB & allow you to charge via Qi wireless charging pad. I've heard mixed reviews on those - there is a guy on eBay, who claims to be able to mod your AT&T Lumia 1520 for Qi wireless charging for $50.

vpalhories

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Because that's NOT Qi, it's PMA & will not work w a Qi charger. AT&T has thrown in with the PMA consortium, thus had Nokia rip out the Qi charging.

He's (probably) referencing the charging tapes / circuits you can purchase, that plug into the microUSB & allow you to charge via Qi wireless charging pad. I've heard mixed reviews on those - there is a guy on eBay, who claims to be able to mod your AT&T Lumia 1520 for Qi wireless charging for $50.

Correct! I had a 920 which unfortunately I dropped and the glass shattered. My insurance replaced it with a 1520. Problem is that I invested in Qi wireless chargers for home, office and car. I'll have to check the modification of the phone on eBay. Not sure how comfortable I am sending a phone to a complete stranger though. Hopefully the reviews are good.

--- Val

vpalhories

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

AT&T in their infinite wisdom replaced the Qi charging capabilities on the 1520's with PMA. Giving their customers a choice would simply make too much sense and be way too customer friendly! After all, why would they want to make their customers happy. I truly believe that cell phone companies try to outdo each other by proving who will be the biggest dicks!

--- Val

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3