Should I stay with my HTC 8s and wait for the newer Windows phone next year?

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
htc8s v new phone..

I have a htc8s. It's nearly 3 yrs old and suits what I use a phone for. Internet, calls, text and camera. That's it. Today I played with a lumia 535 in tesco and apart from a larger screen and front camera I couldn't really make out much difference. However, it is only ?10 pm. That's cheap.
I have the developers app on my htc- if I get the 535 can I use the same app on it?
Not sure if I should wait for the new Microsoft phones later in the year... Can anyone enlighten me as to such phones?

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: htc8s v new phone..

All Windows Phones can use the same apps. The only limitation is in the memory (512MB), but the HTC 8S has 512MB, so you'll only get access to more apps with the 535.

The 8s on release was a pretty solid midrange device. The 535 is close to the absolute low-end currently. That means it's not as much of an upgrade as you may think; which does explain the low price. It does have 1GB of memory, so more apps are available for it. Also the 8S is far less supported and probably won't get Win10 ever. The 535 will get Win10.

For a true upgrade you'd have to be looking at a Lumia 730/735, as those take the position in 2015 that the HTC 8s took back in the old days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3