Has anyone has issues with the audio jacks in their phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm just asking because I bought a Lumia 925 two years ago. Awesome phone! Love it still to this day. But there has been a persistent problem with the audio jack. It just always stops working! I've repaired it 3 times, switching it with a new audio jack each time but it just keeps happening? After the last time I just decided to buy an iphone and they don't really have that issue. So, is there just a flaw in design with the lumias? Or did I just get a bad headphone jack each time? For the time being the 925 has moved to the back-up phone, but I still love it. So has anyone also had this problem with their phone?

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if its software issue or design flaw, mine(1020) stops working months ago, I can't pair any headphones with mobile control, the USB female plug also broke I can't access my files on my PC, its so annoying, its just little things that makes a phone perfect for a user.

ricardofso

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my old lumia 925. Didn't have the same issue with the 8x, and the 930.
If i remember correctly, i think it is related to the microphone switch inside the audio jack input :)

Jeffco3

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My current Lumia 925 has this issue. When you plug in the audio jack, the jack has to be rotated and moved a certain way to actually connect. It disconnects just as easily. It's frustrating and one of the reasons why I'll be getting a new phone whenever a new one is announced.

Inferati

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I see, so it looks like it might just be a few select models having the issue. I have a 521 that has not had the issue once. Oh well :D For the time being I'll just make do with what I have and if a nice phone is announced soon, I'll make the switch back once again :D

Thanks everybody! I just wasn't sure if I was having terrible luck or if it was an actual flaw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes