How do I clear a virus on my phone Lumia 630?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to clear a virus on my phone Lumia 630

Course I have 13viruses I want to remove help

milfermon

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to clear a virus on my phone Lumia 630

That is just not possible, Windows phone cannot be infected by viruses, my guess is that you saw that you had those viruses while browsing, if that's the case, that's just an ad

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You don't have any viruses, whatever told you that is lying. So just don't go to that website that told you that anymore, voila, carry on as normal.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

IThis is scareware.A fraudulent website shows you an animation of a virus scan in an attempt to scare you into handing over your payment details.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

WP does not have virus. Period.

Just an hypothetical scenario, if my PC has virus and I copy (drag/drop) an infected file/folder over to my phone. What would happen? My guess is nothing will happen.
My other question is can the infected files be copied over to the phone in the first place?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site

WP does not have virus. Period.

Just an hypothetical scenario, if my PC has virus and I copy (drag/drop) an infected file/folder over to my phone. What would happen? My guess is nothing will happen.
My other question is can the infected files be copied over to the phone in the first place?

The infected file could be copied over to the phone, yes. But even so it would have absolutely zero effect on the phone. PC viruses cannot infect phones for the exact reason you can run PC software on your phone.

mdafer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have a lumia 630 too and I do have a virus too. Every now n then when i am surfing the web (using the built-in IE browser) it crashes n exits and when I re-open it to check recent pages opened this virus shows up: Taboola.com/..... Which is a virus that is usually caught by windows desktops right? This happened several times with several websites... Idk what to do.... PS: There are some other apps that are also crashing every nw n then like whatsApp idk if this was because of the virus.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

There are no virus on Windows phones. Your browser may have some tabs that reopen after a browser crash. Close all tabs.

This^^

Plus clear all your browser history including cookies and also clear files stored by any websites (check in advanced settings). Also clear temporary files and you should be fine.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
What makes you think you specifically have a virus? If you go to File Explorer on the phone or connect it to a PC using the USB cable, can you find the images that were taken that way?

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a lumia 630 too and I do have a virus too. Every now n then when i am surfing the web (using the built-in IE browser) it crashes n exits and when I re-open it to check recent pages opened this virus shows up: Taboola.com/..... Which is a virus that is usually caught by windows desktops right? This happened several times with several websites... Idk what to do.... PS: There are some other apps that are also crashing every nw n then like whatsApp idk if this was because of the virus.

Its not a virus. You're visiting a website that is probably causing the crash due to resource hogging or simply bad coding. Its probably opening a bunch of popups or something along those lines, which is what is causing you to see taboola, etc. The website you're visiting is probably infected. If this is happening to you often on the same site, stop going to that site. If its happening on different sites, I suggest looking into how to be more careful browsing the web and various signs to look for in determining the likelihood a link is safe to visit or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)