Which phone should I get the Lumia 830 v 930?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 830 v 930

Hi, I am trying to decide between the 830 and 930, but there are no stores which have the products so I am unable to test them out. So I have 3 questions about the difference:
1. If I were to use the camera as a simple point and shoot varient, then is there any real difference between both models?
2. I am a very light user (I only really use music, podcasts, web, email, whatsapp, skype, phone and camera) so would you imagine that I would notice a difference between both phones?
2. Do you image the upgrade to windows 10 would be an issue on 830?
Thanks,
Dec

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 v 930

1) Lumia 930 is excellent even as a point and shoot or casual photography
2) Windows Phone works great even from a 530 to a 1520, but probably the 930 may handle multitasking better
3) No, as for now all x3x Lumia devices have been confirmed to get Windows 10, with the exception of 1520 and SOME x2x models.

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I am trying to decide between the 830 and 930, but there are no stores which have the products so I am unable to test them out. So I have 3 questions about the difference:
1. If I were to use the camera as a simple point and shoot varient, then is there any real difference between both models?
2. I am a very light user (I only really use music, podcasts, web, email, whatsapp, skype, phone and camera) so would you imagine that I would notice a difference between both phones?
2. Do you image the upgrade to windows 10 would be an issue on 830?
Thanks,
Dec

Go for the 930. It's a new chipset and it's more powerful than 830. The processor is newer and the camera also. In the future I know there will be a lot of things that the 930 will enjoy but not the 830, as an example check "hey Cortana" .

anon(9312194)

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.
TBH I am unsure of what to expect since I they dont seem to sell these phones in any retails/carrier store where I live.
I can see a 630 or lower level phones but really they arent the same experience.
To buy there is a ?100 difference in the phones, the 930 being around ?400 and 830 being around ?300 (both prices are if imported, official prices are ?100 each more).
I have been reading this forum a lot and the bugs reported for the 930 do slightly turn me off the phone. I know a lot of these seem to have been just software issues which have been fixed but there do seem to be a lot more reported issues on the 930 than 830.
I think I may just be having a case of analysis paralysis as there is almost too much information out there these days.
No matter which I choose it will be an upgrade from my old iPhone. In reality I love the dedicated camera button and intuitive simplicity they put into the OS.
I did contact microsoft support to see if they could advise as to how to test the phones, but all I got was an offer to buy the phone and return it if i didnt like it, or sign up for a test user where i may be asked to go to WA state to be a product tester.
Just wish the phones were more easily accessible as it may be a lot easier to choose if i got to go hands on.
Dec

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb