Why aren't mobile site loading as desktop even after I change my browser settings?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Mobile Sites. Assistance Please

I have just updated my Lumia 1520 to Cyan and will now no longer allow me to automatically load desktop sites, I hate the mobile sites and isn't always practical for me. I have changed my browser settings to 'desktop' but still automatically loads mobile. Any way to stop this happening?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Mobile Sites. Assistance Please

Wait minute, Cyan? OO You're damn late to the game. Anyways, this is due to some changes on the User Agent String Microsoft introduced with ehm.. either WP 8.1 or WP 8.1 update 1. Not too sure anymore. Cyan was a firmware update, so it can't be related to that. Or at least it shouldn't. :) I was experiencing the same back then, but one of the later PfD updates fixed it, so I assume once you installed Denim, you should be fine.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The change to 8.1 + Lumia Cyan official will bring this on...

Microsoft then tweaked the User Agent string and other factors in Mobile IE. Download SysApp Pusher and use that to make sure all your components are as up to date as possible.

Open SysApp > tap the "check" button on the left in the lower tool bar.

I have been on Official 8.1 + Cyan with a 1520.3 since August when I unboxed my phone and updated it with the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. The IE experience has gotten much better as Microsoft pushed updates to mobile IE.

@ dKp1977, the OP probably just unboxed a 1520 which shipped with Black and the last figure I saw from AdDuplex from December, 2014 showed only 53% (or 57% ???) of Windows Phones accessing the Store had updated to Cyan...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

The change to 8.1 + Lumia Cyan official will bring this on...

Microsoft then tweaked the User Agent string and other factors in Mobile IE. Download SysApp Pusher and use that to make sure all your components are as up to date as possible.

Open SysApp > tap the "check" button on the left in the lower tool bar.

I have been on Official 8.1 + Cyan with a 1520.3 since August when I unboxed my phone and updated it with the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. The IE experience has gotten much better as Microsoft pushed updates to mobile IE.

@ dKp1977, the OP probably just unboxed a 1520 which shipped with Black and the last figure I saw from AdDuplex from December, 2014 showed only 53% (or 57% ???) of Windows Phones accessing the Store had updated to Cyan...

Which imho proves that the majority of smartphone users out there just doesn't care about updates. Regardless of the OS their device is running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oscahill