Lumia 1020 camera prob!

Firawesome93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey there.i've been using my lumia 1020 for a year and a half now.my lumia has never given me any problems until recently i just noticed that whenever i tried to snap a picture,the pic becomes blurry.for near shot it doesnt show any problems,but when i try to zoom and snap further object the pic becomes very blurry.i've tried soft reset the phone but the problem persists.please do help me.my lumia 1020 without its camera is just another normal lumia.please give me suggestion on how to overcome this :(

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going into settings, swipe over to applications, then down to photos+camera, scrolled all the way to the bottom and hit "reset camera"?

Also, make sure your lens cover is clean just for good measure.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The only other suggestion I would have is to do a hard reset (factory reset) back up everything first..

If you do that and still have the issue, I'd say you have a mechanical malfunction and should look into your warranty. Of course, you said you've had it for a year and a half, so you might be out of luck in that department.

Try the hard reset (settings/about/reset your phone) and see if that fixes it. Again, make sure you back everything up first.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just before you try a hard reset, can you post samples of such problematic photos here? The L1020 seems to always have a hard time focusing in low light, so make sure that your shooting with enough light.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just before you try a hard reset, can you post samples of such problematic photos here? The L1020 seems to always have a hard time focusing in low light, so make sure that your shooting with enough light.
I thought that as well, though he said he's had it for a year and a half with no issues until recently. I'm thinking the lens mechanism has gone bad myself.

I'm sure you've tried manual focus right? Move the slider from auto to the middle, between auto and infinity, and play with it there.

Firawesome93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
How to post a pic here?i've never used my windows central app and this is the first time browsing wpcentral using its app. And yes i've tried manual focus but it just won't work.the picture just gets blurry regardless tapping on the screen to focus or using manual focus.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
How to post a pic here?i've never used my windows central app and this is the first time browsing wpcentral using its app. And yes i've tried manual focus but it just won't work.the picture just gets blurry regardless tapping on the screen to focus or using manual focus.

As of the current version, you can attach photos through the website, not through the app.

With the sample photo, we could at least see if the blurriness is focus-related or OIS-related, especially because the issue is more apparent with distant objects. Nonetheless, in both cases, I'm agreeing with Ed Boland since these are both hardware-related issues that need physical repair or replacement.

Last edited:

Brasovan

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I disagree. It's software related unless his phone and my phone started having the problem at the same time.... This has happened to other lumia phones in the past. I suspect it is software. My phone focuses just fine and then decides to go blurry again at the last second in the "focusing" process. Only when objects are more than ~20 feet away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi