Screen goes blank during calls

Dganz

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I got a new nokia830 with 8.1. When I make a call the screen goes dark right away. It's a problem if I need to enter digits on a automated answer. I can hit the power button a few times and may get screen back but sometimes it hangs up because I hit too many times. I read some other instances of this and remedies were to blow into ear jack or remove screen protector. Neither worked. I took it to point of purchase and they have no idea as they hardly sell the phone. I took it to best buy geek squad and then it was ok. I went home and not working again. I wonder if led lighting at best buy alters the sensor. Has anyone experienced this?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
What's supposed to happen, is that when you place the phone next to the ear (using proximity sensor) the screen turns off. When the phone is removed from the ear, to look at screen, then screen is supposed to turn back on (you shouldn't need to press anything). If this is not happening, then there maybe an issue with the sensor, which will require a repair.

You only need to press the power button when it's a phone without the proximity sensor, which are the low-end phones...

G.

RalphieD

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue with my 8X phone. In my case it appears to be related to the hard case I have on it. With out that cover, it works great, but with that hard case on, my screen will blank out and it may or may not come back with the power button..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi