How do I restrict data usage only to WhatsApp in Lumia 525?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Since I did only watsapp offer,money is getting reduced for all back ground tasks.Even though i blocked other apps in back ground tasks,still I am losing meoney.63

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Check ur data sense and see what tasks exactly other than whatsapp are using data then disable them.
Also try enabling battery saver which should restrict most back ground tasks.

Afsal Ti

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you.but its not working.Firstly,in data sense it is not showing which all apps are working.In back ground tasks ,it shows extras+info app is working.but i am not able to uninstall it.Wit battery saver 'on ' also money is getting deducted since some apps are on in back ground.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay then check the following.
Rate us in settings have a participate window disable the task in it.
Same with feed back app which sends usage statistics.
Disable these two and see ifif it fixes the issue.
Also go to ur mail app and make Sync setting to manually.

Afsal Ti

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
it helped to reduce 1 kb. now the money reduction has come to 12 paisa per sec...any other suggestion?

I doubt two reasons.
1.sync manual option is not available for hotmail
2.unable to delete 'extras+info'.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean "memory" instead of "money"?

Check his first post. He is losing his phone balance money due to background net usage as his current offer only applies to WhatsApp usage. That's the kind of offers which only exist in countries like India and Pakistan so others might find it bizarre.

it helped to reduce 1 kb. now the money reduction has come to 12 paisa per sec...any other suggestion?

I doubt two reasons.
1.sync manual option is not available for hotmail
2.unable to delete 'extras+info'.
Extras+ info is a system app so u can't simply uninstall it.
I don't think u can restrict it further than this. Modern operating systems like WP will have small background tasks anyway when net is on and they can't be disabled and with Indias 2g rates being hiked hugely last year it has only gotten worse for us when not in a net plan.
I think the best thing to do is to get a proper net plan instead of app specific.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen