Change in Twitter on IE since Denim?

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated my 1020 (UK) to Lumia Denim, and one thing I noticed is that when I went to Twitter via Internet Explorer - not the app - two main things had changed;

Beforehand, it had a thin, solid blue bar at the top, and text was generally smaller. Now, the blue bar is thicker, as is a now-black bar holding the row of four icons. Both bars also have a gradient change in the shade of colour. However, when I go to the settings menu, I find that has the old design. Everything is also now in the same webpage - whereas before everything I tapped on to go into required a new page to be loaded.

I can live with the change in design, that's fine, but the main thing that's bugging me is that a banner is displayed at the top telling me I should download the Android app for Twitter - when I follow the link it takes me to the Google Play store and when I tap the X it disappears, but when I refresh or load another page, it returns. Twitter believes I'm on an Android device, whereas before it would advertise the Twitter app for Windows Phone.

So, my question is, does anyone else have this? It's not a major concern, it's incredibly minor since the app is much more capable, but I did like the IE version for how quick it was to access without needing to start up a new app. Just wondering.

Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A change in Windows Phone 8.1 Update was that the browser now identified itself as an iOS or Android browser in order to be served better, more modern webpages, what you've noticed was a side effect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963