Why won't my Secure Login Validation page come up?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Secure Login Validation page won't come up.

My office requires a user name and password to access the wifi. Once the network is selected, the login screen would automatically come up. Until a few days ago my Nokia 830 did this without issue. Now the phone shows connected, but I can't access the internet. I've tried using in airplane mode, emptying temporary internet files (not sure why), "forgetting the network", and trying to gain access through IE, even entering the IP address. My laptop connects fine (also Windows 8.1).
I'd be grateful for any advice to fix this issue. Thanks

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Secure Login Validation page won't come up.

Windows Phone has a feature called Wi-Fi Sense, which tries to automate wifi login webpages. I'm wondering if that may be your issue. Try going into Settings > Wifi. Tap the Wi-Fi Sense button and uncheck the two checkboxes on this pages. See if that solves your issue.

Michael Williams151

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

That didn't solve the issue, but I thank you for the effort. My boss also uses windows on his phone and it connects fine. I'm not overly tech savvy, so pardon the simplicity.
Once the network is selected, it requests a password. Once the password is given it opens an IE screen which requires a username and password (password changes monthly). The first part works, (asking for the password) but then it shows as connected without ever opening the IE page. The phone worked just a few days ago. I don't know what changed?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

The Wi-Fi connecting is a bit flakey. Try a soft reset (hold volume down and power buttons together for 10 seconds until you see the Windows logo). The re-try, with Wi-Fi Sense off.

Michael Williams151

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Sorry hotphil, that didn't do it either. I'm seriously considering a resetting the phone but it connects fine everywhere else. I connected with my laptop and tried manually entering the username and log-in page, but that doesn't work either. Maybe its a setting in internet explorer? I'll keep looking. Thank you for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb