Replacing my 730's digitizer

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
There is a connector on the top right hand side.(the picture in the link you provided)
are you replacing it by yourself ? (better get it done by a professional)
because its not that easy.
the display and the touch panel is a single unit, glued on by Liquid Optically Clear Adhesive.

In the OEM version display and touchpanel comes as a single unit.

However if you manage to seperate the display and touchpanel you can use what you showed in the link.

I know this because ive had the same experience with my Nexus 7 . I ended up replacing the whole display unit.
Make sure you get the OEM one, because it is uncertain that other touchpanels available online are guaranteed to work properly, with your device.

The best option is to get it to a mobile repair shop if you have one nearby, they will get it working for you.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I want to replace my Lumia 730's digitizer, since it's broken. I found one on aliexpress but I'm not sure it's gonna work. I don't see any connectors. Can someone help please?

Online Shop One pcs High Quality Black Outer Front Glass Lens Repair Parts For Nokia Lumia 730 LCD Screen Digitizer Pannel Replacement+Tools|Aliexpress Mobile

Your link did not work for me but if it is not a genuine original OEM part it may not work.
Furthermore the digitizer is glued to the screen so it will be a hell of a job to remove it and if you succeed it also will be a hell of a job to glue the new digitizer on the screen without artifacts.
For the older devices the digitizer was not sealed to the display and repair was relative easy but for the newer device it is a nearly impossible.
So please let us know the result and good luck.

rise4dizzzy

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
It's been a while but I fixed my phone. Took the glass off using heat then removed the artifacts (tho I have a small pink part on my screen due to the overheating) and bought a new glass which seems that is a stolen one from the early 730 prototypes cause it has "proto.nokia.com" imprinted on the bottom. Gave it to someone to glue it to the actual screen using capacitive gel because it was unusable without it and excluding that pink thingy, the phone works like new. Also, by risking, I paid like $30 for it instead of $140

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3