Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Sinse you have started this thread called "Hey Cortana" how is the new Cortana update working for you? What do you notice that is hard for her to understand? What tips or tricks can you provide that seems to make her understand better? Do you have any off the wall questions that she has answered for you?

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
When people speak louder to have the phone pick up the sound, their intonation naturally changes. She's not recognizing my yelling of HEY CORTANA from across the room, even though the volume should be fine.

I notice that when I was trying to train her the first time.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Sense, this is a "Hey Cortana" thread I just found out how to let her know nick names for people. Like for my brother. I can say call my brother and she will know exactly what person in my contacts I'm talking about. You guys may have already known this but I'm just now finding out.

For those that are like me:

1. Go to the profile listing of the person you want to give a nick name to.
  2. Hit the Edit button.
  3. Tap the "+" symbol near there name.
  4. At the bottom hit "add Cortana nicknames

She allows three different nicknames for one person. That is pretty cool. I stumbled up on it today. again most of you guys probably already knew this...

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem where hey Cortana will not work when the screen is off on glance. I have to hit the power button and light the screen up, then say "Hey Cortana". Anyone else having this issue?

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem where hey Cortana will not work when the screen is off on glance. I have to hit the power button and light the screen up, then say "Hey Cortana". Anyone else having this issue?

Try this:

Go to Settings >> Speech
Then check the box - Allow Speech Above Lock

Attachments

• PhotoNote_wp_ss_20150307_0003_5537.jpg
    PhotoNote_wp_ss_20150307_0003_5537.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 7

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No problem for me with glance. Hey Cortana is automatically off if battery saver is on but you can manually turn it on again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa