Lumia 730 camera glass scratches

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 730's glass protecting the camera lens is getting a lot of scratches without doing anything.

I keep a lot of care of my device. Even my phone's TPU case keeps the glass away from surface.

The glass is getting scratches day by day. Cleaning doesn't work.

Will it affect the photo quality ?

Can I get only the glass changed ?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 730's glass protecting the camera lens is getting a lot of scratches without doing anything.

I keep a lot of care of my device. Even my phone's TPU case keeps the glass away from surface.

The glass is getting scratches day by day. Cleaning doesn't work.

Will it affect the photo quality ?

Can I get only the glass changed ?

Deep scratches can effect the photo quality by disturbing the light path.
A lot of small scratches may make the glass hazy so preventing that enough light can reach the camera sensor and so affect the photo quality.
The glass can be changed if you want to do it yourself check some youtube video's otherwise contact a Nokia care center or qualified repair shop to let them do the replacement.

I do not know how the scratches are made on your glass but I do know that thet do not come by themselves.
Are you living in a sandy area because sand will scratch the glass relative easy.

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Deep scratches can effect the photo quality by disturbing the light path.
A lot of small scratches may make the glass hazy so preventing that enough light can reach the camera sensor and so affect the photo quality.
The glass can be changed if you want to do it yourself check some youtube video's otherwise contact a Nokia care center or qualified repair shop to let them do the replacement.

I do not know how the scratches are made on your glass but I do know that thet do not come by themselves.
Are you living in a sandy area because sand will scratch the glass relative easy.

As I told you I take a lot of care of my phones cause I love them. I love the photo quality of Lumia.

Even my 2 year old Lumia 620 has no scratches as on my 1 month old Lumia 730. Really annoyed.

Is Nokia degrading the quality of glass used ? Maybe ? I read another post regarding scratches on Lumia 730 :/

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry i did not want to blame you that you do not take good care.
Now the use gorilla glass 3 but this is only mentioned for the screen and I only found an article where it's stated that they also use gorilla glass 3 for the camera. So it would be logical to also use it for the camera glass. And it should be "better" then the glass they used for the 620.
But then again in your case the 620 has no scratches.
If you compare the 620 with the 730 does the camera from the 730 "stick out" the back cover or is the 620 camera lower then the back cover?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99