Why aren't any of my Map apps opening?

shannonm28

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
NO map apps will open

Hello. I have a Nokia Lumia 530 with Windows 8.1 software, and have a strange problem.

After several months of using the default Maps app, it suddenly refused to open. I get the [loading...] screen but then nothing. The phone goes back to the menu. Yes, I tried turning the phone off and on again. Still nothing.

Frustrated, I installed another map software, Here Maps. Bizarrely, same thing; I get their loading screen, but it won't ever open, and after two or three seconds, the phone goes back to the menu.

I have since tried a hard reset of the phone, but still neither app will open. I don't know what else to try.

Nothing else of interest happened around the time it stopped working; I don't believe I installed anything new or did anything particularly out of the ordinary. Please let me know if you need any further information, or if you know where I might find a solution.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: NO map apps will open

Hello. I have a Nokia Lumia 530 with Windows 8.1 software, and have a strange problem.

After several months of using the default Maps app, it suddenly refused to open. I get the [loading...] screen but then nothing. The phone goes back to the menu. Yes, I tried turning the phone off and on again. Still nothing.

Frustrated, I installed another map software, Here Maps. Bizarrely, same thing; I get their loading screen, but it won't ever open, and after two or three seconds, the phone goes back to the menu.

I have since tried a hard reset of the phone, but still neither app will open. I don't know what else to try.

Nothing else of interest happened around the time it stopped working; I don't believe I installed anything new or did anything particularly out of the ordinary. Please let me know if you need any further information, or if you know where I might find a solution.

Here maps is offline navigation (Default map uses network (if you havn't downloaded offline maps), have you downloaded the offline maps already ?)

If not...
settings
swipe right to applications
maps
download maps (download the map you want)
then try again using here maps
try turning on gps before you start the map app.

shannonm28

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: NO map apps will open

Thanks for the suggestions, therawkr92, but unfortunately that didn't work. When I hit "download maps, " I get the message "We can't reach the maps library right now", and it suggests that I check my wi-fi connection (which is definitely up). Also, I am positive I had downloaded maps of my city and at least one other city.

I do have "location" in settings enabled. I assume that is what you referred to when you said "try turning on gps".

Again, thanks for the effort, and if you have any other suggestions, I'm definitely open to trying them out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes