Why does my phone go blank when making calls?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone goes blank on making call

HI
I have lumia 925 .My current software version is 8.10.14234.375.The issue is that whenever I make a call the screen goes blank .I never put it to ear.I just keep it on my hand.After that I have to press power key 2 times then the screen come alive and with in a second it goes blank again.This is really weird. If I select speaker mode still it is same. Screen goes blank
This is really irritating that when phone is on hand and I am making call it goes blank.I have done the soft reset also but the issue remains.
Is there any way to fix this?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I would agree that it's proximity sensor related. It's designed to do this when you put the phone up to your ear, it notices the lack of light and turns the screen off while you talk in order to save battery. Then when you pull it away it's supposed to come back on. Do you have a screen protector/case covering the sensor, or is it dirty/dusty?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's almost certainly the proximity sensor. It's an issue my 920 had after launch, but I think it was GDR1 that got it fixed. Cleaning around the proximity sensor is probably the first check, if you can. Otherwise, it might be something you have to live with. You could also try getting the device RIGHT into the light during a call, to see if it comes on. That would basically confirm it as a proximity sensor issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3