Htc 8x not turning on

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I bought myself an HTC 8X via an online retailer a month ago. The phone is a US 'Verizon' version but is not carrier locked. The phone was neither used nor refurbished. It was a brand new set but only after one month of usage it has suddenly died on me. The phone worked perfectly when it was running on Windows 8.0. However, when I updated it to version 8.1 via an official Verizon update it no longer turns on after using it on 8.1 for a few weeks. I don't what happened. When I connect the phone to a charger the phone vibrates and the HTC logo appears on the screen but this is as far as it goes. The HTC logo appears for about 2-3 seconds and then the phone reboots and the procedure starts again. As long as the phone is connected to the charger it neither turns on completely nor powers off. The charging notification light doesn't light up either. When I disconnect the charger the phone becomes completely dead. The hard/soft reset method isn't working either. My phone although being new didn?t came with warranty and unfortunately HTC don?t have any official service centers here in my country (Pakistan). I?m out of options here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought myself an HTC 8X via an online retailer a month ago. The phone is a US 'Verizon' version but is not carrier locked. The phone was neither used nor refurbished. It was a brand new set but only after one month of usage it has suddenly died on me. The phone worked perfectly when it was running on Windows 8.0. However, when I updated it to version 8.1 via an official Verizon update it no longer turns on after using it on 8.1 for a few weeks. I don't what happened. When I connect the phone to a charger the phone vibrates and the HTC logo appears on the screen but this is as far as it goes. The HTC logo appears for about 2-3 seconds and then the phone reboots and the procedure starts again. As long as the phone is connected to the charger it neither turns on completely nor powers off. The charging notification light doesn't light up either. When I disconnect the charger the phone becomes completely dead. The hard/soft reset method isn't working either. My phone although being new didn’t came with warranty and unfortunately HTC don’t have any official service centers here in my country (Pakistan). I’m out of options here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You probably have a bad battery...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium