Why won't my Lumia 525 boot?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 525 Can't Boot

At first the problem was my phone rebooting at random times. I thought the battery was loose, so I searched the problem on Google, and apparently a lot of people solved this kind of "loose battery problem" by inserting a small piece of paper below the battery. So I did the same, and it worked for a while. It stopped rebooting at random times, or at least, rebooted a lot less often.

But after a while, the problem became not being able to even turn on my phone. When I plug in my charger, the phone vibrates, and then shows the charging screen. However, it remains that way forever, and seldom gets past that screen. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, it gets past that charging screen, and starts my phone up, but then it almost instantly charges to 100%. If I plug off my charger, the phone turns off again and gets stuck at the charging screen again.

Some details that might be of help to solving this problem:
1. Every time I manage to get my phone on, it shows "Scan SD Card Problem" and asks if I want to back up my files before scanning. Clicking yes or no doesn't make a difference as it always tells me to scan my SD card every time the phone starts up. Before I had this problem, I had been using the same SD card for probably half a year or so and had not had any similar problems. Also, removing the SD card now doesn't solve the problem.

2. I have a phone case, and sometimes taking it off, or putting it on reboots the phone. Sometimes, when my phone is stuck at the charging screen with my phone case on, removing the phone case helps start up my phone (but seldom).

3. My phone has fallen off from high places (the stairs of a double decker bed) several times, the battery falling out every time. According to Google search results, apparently Lumia 525 batteries eventually get loose if frequently removed. But I've just got a new Nokia battery (exactly the same one) a few hours ago, and it doesn't solve the problem. I managed to get my phone past the charging screen once just now, but it still instantly charges to 100%.

Please help? I would appreciate anything that may be of any help. Thanks a lot in advance.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 525 Can't Boot

The good news: You seem like a smart user who knows how to do research, implement advice and report errors.

The bad news: It really sounds like it is time for you to get a new phone. I imagine from all you've been through with this one you are very attached. From everything you say, sounds like a hardware problem. A repair would likely be more than the cost of replacing it...

You could search YouTube for some teardown or screen replacement videos to show how to take the device apart, you could then inspect connectors for anything loose. That might be a good project anyway, but I'd not pin my hopes on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills