Will an unlocked Lumia 530 work on Straight Talk Wireless?

Isaac Wurm

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My cousin wants to upgrade his five year old LG phone, on Walmart's Straight Talk Wireless network, and I suggested getting a Windows Phone. The 530 looks like the perfect one for him, and Amazon has a T-Mobile locked 530 for a good price. If I unlock it, can it work with Straight Talk?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My cousin wants to upgrade his five year old LG phone, on Walmart's Straight Talk Wireless network, and I suggested getting a Windows Phone. The 530 looks like the perfect one for him, and Amazon has a T-Mobile locked 530 for a good price. If I unlock it, can it work with Straight Talk?

Straight Talk can be confusing. The reason is that it uses one of all 4 major US carriers: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint. Which carrier you're actually using depends on which device you purchase and/or SIM card you use.

Amazon's T-Mobile locked 530 should work perfectly on Straight Talk if you use the T-Mobile SIM card. Straight Talk sells a BYOP kit at Walmart with SIM cards for AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon. Buy one of the kits and activate the T-Mobile SIM card in the T-Mobile 530.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788