Can I restore apps without reset the whole phone after a SD change?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can I restore apps without reset the whole phone after a SD change

I sometimes need to change my SD card, and everytime I need to backup, than reset the whole phone to get my apps back.

Is there any way I can change SD and restore my previously downloaded apps?

Also, can I change priority to the downloads? Like, I was restoring apps and WhatsApp was last in queue, I had to wait like the whole afternoon to answer a text lol!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can I restore apps without reset the whole phone after a SD change

I sometimes need to change my SD card, and everytime I need to backup, than reset the whole phone to get my apps back.

Is there any way I can change SD and restore my previously downloaded apps?

Also, can I change priority to the downloads? Like, I was restoring apps and WhatsApp was last in queue, I had to wait like the whole afternoon to answer a text lol!

You could move them to the internal memory of your phone and then put your new SD card in and move them back to the SD card.
For a few apps that would be a faster way but if you have a lot of apps the restore is probably faster.
(What you also could do if you have some "big" games and if don't care about the game levels is download the game on your PC and copy it to the SD card and do an install from SD card. And keep the copy of the app on your PC so next time you do not need to download it again.)

You do not need to what if you want to use an app. So you could have tapped on on WhatsApp and they it would be installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb