Can I use a No Contract Windows Phone without activating service ?

W

WPCentral Question

I have a Iphone 6 plus , but I used to have a 1520 and wanted to get a Windows phone model to fool around with windows 10, can I use a windows phone without service and just my windows account ? What would be a good cheap no contract phone to use ?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
And yes you can use it without any contract you even do not need to put a sim in the phone.
Your MS account is enough.
PS
Your iphone has a nano sim but the 635 has a micro sim

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 635 may indeed be the best option if you want to play with Insider and see what Win 10 is all about.

Just add WiFi.

When you are done with that it would make a great WiFi only media player and general tech toy. Check out the Project: Five2Oh link in my signature - same concept applied to the Lumia 520 (off carrier use).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm also a Xbox Music subscriber and was interesting in using the phone for that, how is the overall sound quality of the 635 ?

Unfortunately it looks like GSMArena doesn't have the typical audio quality report that I usually expect in their 635 review.
Can't vouch for it, since I've never owned one, but I do know that with the latest Lumia Denim firmware update (not WP 8.1 Update 1, although its associated) an equalizer is enabled. (Don't know if the AT&T model has it yet)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm also a Xbox Music subscriber and was interesting in using the phone for that, how is the overall sound quality of the 635 ?
I'm going to assume you're referring to the speaker quality.
The Lumia 630 and 635 are practically identical, so I should be able to help.

From my experience, the speaker is fairly loud. It's a bit tinny, and it's not as loud as the 620.

Dave Scarpa

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Actually I was asking about the sound quality thru an ok pair of headphones. I VE orders one 48 bucks shipped can't really beat that with a stick, will updates still happen if I don't have cell data ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom