Lumia 1020 performance issues?

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've been having some serious performance issues with 3D games like Order & Chaos, Dungeon Hunter 5, etc.. I just cannot get them to run above 5 FPS! I asked people in those games if they are experiencing low FPS and they said no, so I'm wondering if theres some type of trick? I've disabled most background programs except for facebook and my amazing weather app, and I've disabled location GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've been having some serious performance issues with 3D games like Order & Chaos, Dungeon Hunter 5, etc.. I just cannot get them to run above 5 FPS! I asked people in those games if they are experiencing low FPS and they said no, so I'm wondering if theres some type of trick? I've disabled most background programs except for facebook and my amazing weather app, and I've disabled location GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.

I have also not experienced this issue with my L1020, but let's see if we can find a solution to your problem. Try any of the following and let us know what (or if none of them) worked:
1. Restart your phone - simple power down and power up.
2. Soft Reset - press volume down and power button together until your phone turns off, vibrates and powers on again. This will not erase personal data. However, right after your phone returns to the Lock Screen/Start Screen, you may need to wait for aroudn 5 minutes for your time and date to be automatically synchronized.
3. Keep your free storage space above 2.0 GB - I noticed sever lags with my L1020 when the memory dipped below 2.0 GB. You can do this by uninstall un-needed apps and moving your photos (both the .jpg and __highres.jpg files) to your PC.
4. Enable Airplane Mode - this stopped some lags with my phone. I disabled airplane mode after around 5 minutes, once the phone has stabilized.
5. Plug your phone into a charger/make sure that battery saver isn't running.

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have also not experienced this issue with my L1020, but let's see if we can find a solution to your problem. Try any of the following and let us know what (or if none of them) worked:
1. Restart your phone - simple power down and power up.
2. Soft Reset - press volume down and power button together until your phone turns off, vibrates and powers on again. This will not erase personal data. However, right after your phone returns to the Lock Screen/Start Screen, you may need to wait for aroudn 5 minutes for your time and date to be automatically synchronized.
3. Keep your free storage space above 2.0 GB - I noticed sever lags with my L1020 when the memory dipped below 2.0 GB. You can do this by uninstall un-needed apps and moving your photos (both the .jpg and __highres.jpg files) to your PC.
4. Enable Airplane Mode - this stopped some lags with my phone. I disabled airplane mode after around 5 minutes, once the phone has stabilized.
5. Plug your phone into a charger/make sure that battery saver isn't running.

Tried all of that and still lagging :\

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Mainly games, even 2d ones like terraria.

Hmm, then I'm not sure what's going on. It could be an under clocking mechanism with the GPU. If a soft reset didn't work, then you could try a hard reset, but that will erase all your personal data from your phone - not sure if this is worth the hassle - though you could create a back up, you won't be able to restore some of your app-related data (custom settings, scores).

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, then I'm not sure what's going on. It could be an under clocking mechanism with the GPU. If a soft reset didn't work, then you could try a hard reset, but that will erase all your personal data from your phone - not sure if this is worth the hassle - though you could create a back up, you won't be able to restore some of your app-related data (custom settings, scores).

Yea I wouldn't have a problem doing hard reset thanks to the awesome backup system Microsoft made but I'm worried I'll lose all of my Terraria saved games :\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku