Having trouble accessing m.chase.com since the chase app no longer works

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I know this is ridiculous but it all reeks of an organized plot against Microsoft.

I'm not COMPLETELY serious because I know it's far fetched.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is uncanny how Chase and BoA both dropped their perfectly serviceable WP Apps within one week.

Someone who sounded as if they knew what they were talking about said that the m. site ceased to function because the App is barred (in the case of BoA). I'm not so sure. I'm definitely not an expert at HTML or even a novice, but the App must have been more than a web-wrapper if it allowed Mobile Deposit. Seems to me either A) an oversite that blocking the App borks WP ability to use the m. site or B) an additional and intentional "discouragement" of Windows Phone users.

Two of the largest banks in the United States (http://www.usnews.com/news/business...nks-all-pass-latest-round-of-fed-stress-tests) suddenly having to "scrimp and save" by cutting out Windows Phone support at virtually the same time is, if happenstance, a complete statistical anomaly equivalent to getting struck by lightning 2 days after winning the lottery.

Absolutely; something smells rotten in Denmark and it isn't the runny cheese.

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
None of this makes any professional sense to me. Which leaves me to wonder if the reason has to do with the fact that the man running Microsoft is Indian-American.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
None of this makes any professional sense to me. Which leaves me to wonder if the reason has to do with the fact that the man running Microsoft is Indian-American.

Now your remark makes totally no sense to me!!!.
Just because a bank in America dropped a app you wonder if it is "Indian-American" related?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Now your remark makes totally no sense to me!!!.
Just because a bank in America dropped a app you wonder if it is "Indian-American" related?

Maybe you're right Harrie-S but I cannot see why a bank as large as Chase would go the extra step after abandoning the app to blocking bank members from accessing their own money in a secure way. It makes no sense at all.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you're right Harrie-S but I cannot see why a bank as large as Chase would go the extra step after abandoning the app to blocking bank members from accessing their own money in a secure way. It makes no sense at all.

I agree with you that it does not make sense. (but then again I am not in the board of the Chase bank or a board member of Microsoft)
But I have problems with your wondering part.
A. Because of MS chairmens decent MS did nothing to prevent that Chase did what they did.
B Chase dropped the support of windows because of MS chairmens decent.

Above "assumptions" can be made very easy for nearly everything (and often are made)
And they never result in something positive but only create "hate" and before you know it the remarks have nothing to do anymore with the subject and follow Godwin's law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

End of my rant

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This situation is a reminder that sites like Windows Central is mostly a clearinghouse for press releases. That is useful and I'm glad for a single place to read them with a few reviews thrown in. But I really wish there was some investigative journalism.

It really does not make business sense for those banks to originally want those apps for their customers and then kill them off UNLESS there are factors the banks would rather keep secret.

It is definitely possible that the banks got some carrot or stick from the mobile competition. Or did they never care about the apps but they were originally written or subsidized by Microsoft and now that some agreement with MS has expired they get trashed. Or did the banks try to negotiate something from MS to keep the apps and someone ham-fisted the negotiation and the apps were killed for spite.

Last edited:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe Chase and BofA are two of hundreds of companies who have pitched out tons of $$ to MS to support XP beyond its support cycle, and now they have their panties in a wad.

PS - I could rummage around the mobile chase website with no issues.

Last edited:

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
How about the possibility that they were both so hot to be given a chance to get in on the chance to support Apple Pay that they either promised or sought to ingratiate Apple by actively not supporting Windows Phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett