930 unlocked on AT&T question.

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just bought a brand new unlocked 930. It should arrive on Monday but my question is this...

...This is going to be my first ever unlocked phone. I'm currently using an 830 on AT&T Next. Does anyone know what the process is as far as what to do with my current SIM card and as far as APN setting and everything?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You may have to do nothing actually since I believe it might be automatic.

but if it doesn't work right out of the box, you will have to adjust the APN under access point in settings.

Also, you can just stick your SIM into the new one.

Congrats!

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just bought a brand new unlocked 930. It should arrive on Monday but my question is this...

...This is going to be my first ever unlocked phone. I'm currently using an 830 on AT&T Next. Does anyone know what the process is as far as what to do with my current SIM card and as far as APN setting and everything?

yup im not sure you noticed it but On windows phone the apn,mms settings are automatic.If you have a data or calling plan,it deducts from the plan first and if it is over,then it deducts from the balance in prepaid plans.Unlike other phones where you have apn's for plans and for talktime also

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not every SIM plugged into every Windows Phone gets the APN and MMS configuration read automatically. With an ATT SIM the 930 should configure automatically, but in case it does not you should be ready to configure APN and MMS manually.

Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > edit APN > input correct values
Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > edit MMS APN > input correct values

For ATT your settings should be these:
Capture.JPG

I'm sure you are aware that on an International Lumia 930 you will not get LTE on AT&T? Although the H+ 42.2 mbps is pretty fast.

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies.

@RumoredNow, yep. I heard about not getting LTE. That's fine though, I'm usually on a wi-fi connection 90% of the time. I'm just happy to being back to a flagship device (although I just got rid of a One M8. The whole experience just didn't feel right to me).

Nanjin

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Beside a little bit thick, I love the 930! I bought one in Hong Kong and uses it with San Francisco ATT network. In my opinion, for general internet usages. I can't tell the difference between the 930 and the ATT 830 LTE. Only if 930 is as thin as 830, it will be a perfect phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers