Why is my Lumia 535 battery draining so fast?

mubarakaliamh

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Why my Lumia 535 battery is draining fast

My Lumia 535 battery is draining fast.
- I have checked the battery saver settings.
- for charging - after connecting to power supply - the image indication states that the battery is being charged. But actually, it is not charging.
Kindly guide me...
- with thanks...

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why my Lumia 535 battery is draining fast

- for charging - after connecting to power supply - the image indication states that the battery is being charged. But actually, it is not charging.
Kindly guide me...
- with thanks...

Turn of battery saver and charge.Restart the phone and charge

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why my Lumia 535 battery is draining fast

Kindly guide me...
- with thanks...

Welcome to Windows Cental.

I've recently experienced this with my L535... several times actually. This was accompanied by excessive heating. Are you experiencing heating issues with your phone as well?

A simple restart resolved the problem in my case. If a restart won't work for you, you may try a soft reset. It could be that a process was stuck running in the background, and these two methods should stop it from running. Also, seeing that your phone is "charging" when it is actually not charging means that the rate of discharge is near or equal to the rate of charging.

Restart - power off, power on (you may also want to remove the battery and return it back first before turning your phone on again)
Soft reset - press volume down and power buttons together until your phone reboots

Other main causes of excessive battery drains (aside from playing games and heavy internet browsing) are poor GSM signal and poor WiFi reception - these two increase the power demand for the GSM antenna and the WiFi antenna, causing battery drain. Make sure that your phone reception is also good.

Let us know which one works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos