Where could my missing backup be?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Missing Backup

All,

I recently purchased a replacement phone (lumia 635) and in preparation I went in and backed up my existing phone (lumia 635) in the settings/backup. I then checked in OneDrive Options>Device backups to verify it was there. Upon starting the new phone I only get one option as a restore point, and it is an old device (Lumia 928) which is not even listed as a Device Backup in my Onedrive account.

Not sure where it coming from, or how to get to the correct device backups. Any suggestions?

Just_Sam

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Missing Backup

Don't think thats the issue. I can see the backups in OneDrive > Options > Device Backups I have three devices there with backups that are several days old. The backup that shows up doesn't even exist and has not existed for over a year.

So effectively my phone on the restore is pulling its list of restore/backup images from somewhere other than OneDrive.

Corbin Mitchell

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar issue and I wonder if it has to do with the version. I cracked the screen on my 1520, I filed a claim with the insurance and they shipped me another 1520. When I start it up the only restore options are from over a year ago. I even manually backed up my cracked 1520 and the backup does not show up when I try the restore on the new phone. I noticed the OS Version on the new phone is older, is the backup/restore not available between different versions?

I updated the new phone, then did a factory reset hoping it would be on the new OS, but it reverted back to older OS. Anyone know how to get around this?

Neonzel

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I am having a similar issue and I wonder if it has to do with the version. I cracked the screen on my 1520, I filed a claim with the insurance and they shipped me another 1520. When I start it up the only restore options are from over a year ago. I even manually backed up my cracked 1520 and the backup does not show up when I try the restore on the new phone. I noticed the OS Version on the new phone is older, is the backup/restore not available between different versions?

I updated the new phone, then did a factory reset hoping it would be on the new OS, but it reverted back to older OS. Anyone know how to get around this?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem. The phone restore option is from a year ago for me to. Even though on my one drive it shows that the back up should be from 2 days ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon