Is there a corporate email app on Windows Phone that does pin to unlock?

Xeion

May 2, 2012
Visit site
The company I work for requires that when syncing corporate email (Exchange) it must be pin locked. This policy can be put into effect either by pin locking the phone itself or by locking the email app.

I don't want to put a pin on my phone itself. On Android there are apps like Touchdown or Nine that have good interfaces with pin to unlock when accessing the app. Those don't appear to be available on Windows Phone. Are there equivalent apps on Windows Phone? They can be paid, as long as they function well.

Alternatively, is there an option to pin to unlock a particular mailbox on the Windows Phone native app? Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

jglen_TNA

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
You've really answered your own question. You can put a PIN on your phone, which you say is acceptable for your employers IT security.
If you are going to have to type in a PIN for email, why not just set up one o your phone and secure EVERYTHING.

Xeion

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate all of your responses. While I can obviously see the security benefits of using a pin on the entire phone, it also has serious convenience issues. If there is no alternative, that's probably what I will end up doing. That being said, my question was if there are any apps that would be able to accomplish what was previously stated, not whether it was the most secure solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeekshithSH