Blue screen "System_Service_Exception (Ntfs.sys)"

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
After I load up build 10049 of W10 TP, this blue screen error always pops up and my laptop reboot for a frequency of 1-2 hours... After reboot, 1 thing I notice: My SD card driver isn't detected, plug out-in doesn't work, only after I restart few times it does work again, but then after blue screen happen again it repeats. I've done a quick search and some say it's because of an outdated Intel graphic driver? But after I download Intel's driver analyzer, and downloaded the version from that, the graphic update won't start due to "minimum requirements" isn't fulfilled (something like 1GB of memory, enough Temp memory, and it says only tested for windows 7-8.1... What does I lack?) please help!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Driver problems are to be expected with a preview OS. I'm surprised ntfs.sys is having issues.
​Personally, I'd either rollback that machine or do a clean install (not an update).

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Somehow... I'm finding out behavior that the error doesn't happen when its on battery... And, it only restart when I'm using it, (for example, I charge it then turn it on, blue screen in a few minutes) this is quite weird... Maybe some programs that only active when charging is conflicting? Not really wanting to rollback to 99xx ver as it wasn't as responsive as 10049 is

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've used msconfig to set the device to boot up only for diagnostic and... It still happens... Why is this happening? Do I really have to go back to 99XX build? Help anyone?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Actually I got the same thing. And it's not as pretty as it seems. NTFS.sys is the file Windows uses for it's file system and three things could cause this.
1. A hard drive or RAM that's going bad.
2. A program that's corrupted (if it happens at random something like an anti-virus could be the cause)
3. Windows 10 is just being weird.

I've ordered some new parts this week and going back to Windows 8 with it, if the problem persists then I know the issue is hard drive related.

Jacob Chamberlain

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Glad it's not just me. I was having no issues until 10049 so I'm hoping 10051 or 10053 fixes it. And I'm 100 percent sure that the issue is in this current build because it started within a couple of hours after updating.

Last edited:

BasilAddington

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
My Win 10 build 10049 also started BSOD'ing almost every hour after updating to this build. SO... I took the suggestion here and removed Bitdefender and reactivated Windows Defender.... No BSOD in over 5 hours!!!!! However, I have kept my fingers crossed...:smile:

grapemon1611

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Same exact situation. Right after the latest update to 10049 the BSoD started. In addition to the System_Service_Exception (Ntfs.sys) error every time, when it came up my Belkin WiFi adapter would show "no available networks" and my Cisco VPN client would attempt to "complete installation" even though I installed it months ago.

After reading through this thread, I too uninstalled BitDefender. That was over an hour ago and so far, so good. I'll update later. I also uninstalled the Cisco VPN client (don't use it anymore, use LogMeIn or TeamViewer now). After the clean reboot, my WiFi was working properly.

Assuming this ends the BSoD at least until the next build, I'm wondering if the issue is actually the antivirus program or if it is a bug in the OS and it's just triggered by the antivirus when it does some sort of scan.

UPDATE: been 12 hours without a single reboot. I'm going to install a different antivirus product to see if that changes anything.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos