Is my 930 starting to go downhill?

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my 930 for about 7 months now but I fear it might be starting to show signs of age. Just recently (in the list week), on several occasions, I've been kicked off my home screen onto the dreaded "loading" (not resuming) screen we all hate for about 5 seconds, and then the start screen comes back up. This is without any app being suspended in the background. Anyone know what the problem could be? I do have a very large number of tiles, so I suspect it could be that maybe. And yes.. I know how to do a soft reset and have tried it a few times.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've only had mine for a couple months (switched from a 1520) and mine has started the "resuming..." and "loading..." problem more and more in the last couple weeks. Sometimes it forces the phone to reboot. So you're not alone.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it is showing age, but rather signs of low memory.

I never understand how hardware is believed to just "age" and begin running slowly. Either the OS advances and requires more resources, or the installed information requires more resources of the device such as RAM needed for loading a long messaging thread or running newly advanced applications.

My 8X is much older than your phone but I recently reset it in an attempt to get a software update and it runs like brand new.

I just acquired a Lumia Icon(929) and it feels just as snappy as the 8X, although it is older than your device just by order of release. So, I'd say its something that is installed or perhaps it just requires some maintenance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziyachater