Downloading update error: The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened (8018830f) What could be going wrong?

W

WPCentral Question

Downloading update error: "The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened (8018830f)"

Whenever I try to update my Lumia 925 I receive the message : "The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened (8018830f)"

I am trying to update my phone which I presume is an update to Lumia Denim as it is currently using Lumia Cyan. I have 7.5GB of storage and my battery charge is 100%, I have tried 10 times already but after downloading it installs 12% then goes straight to 99% and then gives the error message.

After watching the demo video for installing the Denim update it appears that my phone should restart whilst installing but this doesn't happen for me.

Thanks in advance

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Downloading update error: "The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened (8018830f)"

You may find this Microsoft FAQ page useful. Basically:
1. If you were in Developer Preview but un-enrolled from it, then check for updates with Developer preview activated, install any update, then deactivate DevPrev, then check for new updates.
2. If not, then you could try using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool or the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. Links to the software are included in that page.

You may want to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

Here's more information about the error.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss