What is the safest way to trade on here??

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In general, I think it probably is safe right from square one. It's like a community here and people want to stay a part of it... Why poison the well by cheating on a deal?

Check out the Marketplace Feedback area here and on other mobile nations sites to see what people's reputations are. Look at their post counts, number of likes and thanks received, read some of their posts to get an idea of who they are...

Look at other Marketplace threads to see how active they are in making swaps rather than buying/selling... If they do a lot of trades or have listed an item you want to trade for before you even ask, these are all good indicators.

I will say worldspy99, Bunky, pankaj981 and ajst222 have all come to my attention as frequent and honorable swappers just from me keeping an eye on what goes on in Marketplace. (LOVE this forum, even when I'm not buying or selling I read it quite regularly.) I'm sure there are more members that deserve a mention, but those 4 stand out as "frequent fliers" in terms of trading and volume of activity.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
RumoredNow summed it up well! This is a community so I'd say it's safer than using something like eBay. There are some signs that it could be a scam like a user who just joined and has little/no posts. You can usually tell scams anyway by the wording used and whatnot as well. They're few and far between here!

It's also very reassuring for those who are new to the marketplace to take a look at the feedback forum here (and possibly the other MN sites since many members are active there as well). It's a great way to let the herd take care of itself without the "authority" you'd find on eBay or Swappa (and hefty fees that go with it).

Usually, protocol is that if the person doesn't have feedback when trading, they ship their device first rather than the person who does have feedback to ensure that everything goes smoothly and to eliminate risk. It's a good principle I believe because, since we're a community, the member who is already established won't want to do any harm to their reputation, and also the member without feedback could be a risk since we know nothing about them.

Best of luck OP!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
May I ask where you get your phones from? And do you do paid phone repairs?

Not in public, but you can in a PM. :)

I will say, though, that I don't think I've ever charged for a phone repair. I usually only repair phones (tablets too - done bunches of those also) that I own or that are owned by friends or family.

Between my kids and all of their friends, I have the opportunity to do lots of unpaid phone and tablet repairs.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani