How do I fix my Lumia 625 Power Button?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to Fix Lumia 625 Power Button

Ok... this will sound ridiculous but today I was hoovering my phone to remove dust particles (I removed the shell) and then unfortunately I slipped and then it went full suction and the little metal bronze circle with a black dot was pulled off.

I have no idea what's what but now a small silver U shape with a dot in the middle is visible and the black square (which im guessing the bronze circle and black dot was on) has completely gone and is not sitting somewhere in my vacuum cleaner bag (i.e. lost forever).

It's not the end of the world because I managed to enable 'Double tap the screen to unlock' or something, and set the screen time out to 30 seconds so my phone is still useable.

I've tried poking the power button with a pen / pencil / paperclip but I'm guessing the idea is that the it operates via the pushing down of the metal part (which I don't have anymore) as opposed to just pressure (which the button on the shell does).

Does anyone have a solution??

Thanks very much for your help!!!!!!!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Fix Lumia 625 Power Button

I'm not entirely sure what vanished, but its worth noting there are some apps like "Touch and Lock" that you can pin to your start screen and instantly put your phone to sleep with it.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Ok... this will sound ridiculous but today I was hoovering my phone to remove dust particles (I removed the shell) and then unfortunately I slipped and then it went full suction and the little metal bronze circle with a black dot was pulled off.

I have no idea what's what but now a small silver U shape with a dot in the middle is visible and the black square (which im guessing the bronze circle and black dot was on) has completely gone and is not sitting somewhere in my vacuum cleaner bag (i.e. lost forever).

It's not the end of the world because I managed to enable 'Double tap the screen to unlock' or something, and set the screen time out to 30 seconds so my phone is still useable.

I've tried poking the power button with a pen / pencil / paperclip but I'm guessing the idea is that the it operates via the pushing down of the metal part (which I don't have anymore) as opposed to just pressure (which the button on the shell does).

Power switch dislodged, happened to my 625 too. Returned the phone with the switch but the retail store gave the option to get another item.

Too many resets using hardware keys!

kylekenhayman

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site

hello everyone I also have had a similiar problem, except I was replacing the digitizer screen and whilst taking the broken screen off the button was dislodged at the same time. there hasn't been an answer to this at all so Im bumping it up hopefully to find out if theres a way to replace or put back on the old button (as I have mine) I did not activate double tap so now I have a half useless phone just after fixing it beautifully xD I will be trying to fix the button until then. so if no onr replies soon it may get glued back on xD because Im not forking out to replace the whole ribbon when its just one tiny button thats broken.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo