Why wifi is DEAD SLOW on lumia 535???

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am using 2 Lumia 535 with Windows Phone 8.1, The WiFi speed on all my devices in the house is excellent except my two windows phones 8.1. I also have a phone running Windows 7.8 and had HTC surround WP 7.5 both working great. the only problem i face is with WP 8.1...
Why is it so? Why does Microsoft have to run towards its doom?
Let the truth be told, WM6.5 was a hundred times better than what they achieved today with WP8.1/10. Even symbian was better

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central.

What variant of the Lumia 535 are you using (Single SIM or Dual SIM)? Also, what OS Version and Firmware revision numbers does your L535 have? This can be seen in Settings > About. Make sure, in the meantime, to check for the latest updates for your phone in Settings > phone update.

I don't seem to be experiencing any issues with my Wi-Fi connection through my L535.

You may want to create a Windows Central account in order to respond to this thread.

Asim Ansari

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Both are dual sim.
Both are Wp8.1. I installed the 'update 2' on one of the phone via windows insider app.
The second one is still on Wp8.1 Update 1.
Whenever I create a virtual router in my laptop, both phones connect to it and work fine. But i am unable to use internet via directly connecting to the router

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150420_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150420_0001.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
We've got the same firmware and OS versions...not sure why you're experiencing slow download speeds. Since you indicated that they have no problems with your laptop "virtual router", it seems that the problem is not with your phones but rather with your router.

You may want to check the router settings and check if something like "smart switching" or any bandwidth throttling setting is active. From a similar thread just a few days ago, you may also try setting the 802.11 to a fixed value if it is in auto... either "b" or "g", whichever works. However, the issue for the other thread was being disconnected as opposed to having slow download speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros