Does anyone know what Nokia phones I can buy and use on T-mobile network?

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently stuck in a contract with Sprint, but I'll be switching to T-Mobile. They don't have the lumia 640 available yet, so I wanted to know what other Nokia phones you can use on the T-Mobile network, or where I could find the information. Thanks.

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone! :) I just wanted to leave Sprint as soon as possible and get a new phone. I currently have the HTC 8XT, which has been giving me trouble lately. But since the Lumia 640 isn't too far away from release, I think I'll buy that instead. If not, then I'll get the 925 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The thing central to choosing a windows phone for tmobile is the find what the band type is critical to you versus the cost of the device. I've used a Euro version that does not have LTE, and I've used a Latin America model that does have LTE. The euro version had very capable speeds (stream Netflix and other videos), but the thing is, I'm paying for LTE, so why not buy an LTE phone? I go back and forth on this one quite a bit, especially, when considering a lumia 930, since that's as cheap as a LTE lumia 830(and the euro 830 is sub 300!), but with much better spec's.

the best thing to know about T-Mobile right now is they are about to turn on (or have turned on) LTE band 12, which uses the 700mhz spectrum. why this is a pretty big deal is it will allow you to get better cell reception in a building over the current 1700 MHz spectrum. The lumia 640 will support this band, and as far as I know, no other current windows phones will.

but, if you feel the speeds you get not on LTE are plenty capable, I'd go for a euro-830 for $250

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
ATT unlocks phones for non ATT customers for free and pretty hassle free.

I've unlocked 4 this year. 520x2, 635 and 830. Only one of the 520s got rejected and I simply resubmitted and it came through.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/t/332109-how-unlock-t-windows-phone-non-contract-edition.html

You're dreaming...I think...ATT own policy says they will not unlock a phone locked to another carrier and surely not someone off the streets who will go to another carrier. Maybe if he has an ATT locked phone, but no carrier will unlock say an 830 locked to Rogers

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're dreaming...I think...ATT own policy says they will not unlock a phone locked to another carrier and surely not someone off the streets who will go to another carrier. Maybe if he has an ATT locked phone, but no carrier will unlock say an 830 locked to Rogers

Sorry if you misunderstood that the phones are ATT, but the customer need not be.

Of course no carrier unlocks another carrier's phones. I thought everyone understood that I was referring to the post directly above.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if you misunderstood that the phones are ATT, but the customer need not be.

Of course no carrier unlocks another carrier's phones. I thought everyone understood that I was referring to the post directly above.

No I didn't that's what "quote" is for :wink: or one of these ^ but you're a new member so I guess you didn't know :winktongue:

Non-AT&T Mobility Customers
?You?ve never had an AT&T wireless account and you meet the General Requirements for unlock requests.

General Requirements for All Unlock Requests
? The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. (For help see Device Unlock Support )
?It must not be reported lost or stolen.
?It?s not associated with fraudulent activity.
?All the device?s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
?The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customer?s account.
?If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyer?s remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

Note: AT&T cannot unlock devices from other wireless carriers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb