Why am I getting an 80072f8f error while updating from Lumia Cyan to Denim on my Lumia 930?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i am getting 80072f8f error while updating from Lumia cyan to denim on my lumia 930

My phone has been bought from uae and now I am using it in India. I tried updating it and a minor update was installed. Then when I tried the installer shows this error. It's related to some date issue. I tried manually setting the date but still didn't work. And in extras+ info the carrier is VOD. And the default region was Australia when I opened it. Need help. Initially wifi wasnt working. then now i cant access nokia account. It shows the date error, but date and everything is correct

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: i am getting 80072f8f error while updating from Lumia cyan to denim on my lumia 930

Does the date and time also match the Time zone.
So is the time zone set to India.

onetwright

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: i am getting 80072f8f error while updating from Lumia cyan to denim on my lumia 930

I had the same issue on mine. I just purchased for use in USA on AT&T. During setup, all the updates were downloaded and installed automatically without a hitch. While all this was going on, I was cutting my micro sim to fit the nano tray. Upon successful completion of that, I inserted the sim card and got the error. Unfortunately, I didn't make the connection between the sim card and the updates until later, so here is what i did to fix it.

1. Hard reset
2. Removed sim
3. Connected to Wi-Fi during setup
3. Immediately downloaded and signed into developer preview app
4. downloaded and installed all updates successfully

Unfortuantely, I don't know for sure if it was the hard reset or the sim card, but my $ is on the sim card due to the change in behavior the 1st time through when I inserted the sim. I also tried all the date and time stuff others mention elsewhere without any success.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills