mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I was contacted by MS as a result of an inquiry I submitted re: My 1520 having a problem. They have called me a couple times in follow up but I now wonder if this is a scam. I gave them OS number and imei number and they already had my phone #. The caller id shows 212 345-6789. Looked like a hokie number and Bing shows some people say its a scam.

If they have my phone number and imei # and its a scam, can they clone my phone or otherwise cause me a problem? I'm worried...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mike... I don't like that one bit. 2 12 345 6789... 123456789. That sounds like a masked number to me.

Did you at anytime give them any passwords or any card numbers?

Circle the wagons. Cover your bases.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Actually you don't have to worry. Just like our unique fingerprints, every mobile phone has a unique radio fingerprint which cannot be cloned (even if they have IMEI number).

Secondly as mentioned above by yourself (mikepalma), GSM works with sim card and cloning of a sim card can only be done with physical access to it.

Even if there is any fraud with IMEI or any info of your phone, you can register a case with the police and they can easily find out that your are not responsible for it, by using the radio fingerprint.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Actually you don't have to worry. Just like our unique fingerprints, every mobile phone has a unique radio fingerprint which cannot be cloned (even if they have IMEI number).

Secondly as mentioned above by yourself (mikepalma), GSM works with sim card and cloning of a sim card can only be done with physical access to it.

Even if there is any fraud with IMEI or any info of your phone, you can register a case with the police and they can easily find out that your are not responsible for it, by using the radio fingerprint.

Ok thanks, confusing BC of the diff opinions, and I am no expert!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett