What happens if I update apps I had downloaded for free in App Deals?

NanduRavi

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey! I've downloaded Nextgen Reader a couple of days ago in App Deals. I got it for free which is otherwise a paid app. I was wondering what happens if I update it? Will I lose the app because I haven't paid for it? Thanks!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Haha no if it was free and you got it then the system will recognize your account as the one who purchased it :) however there have been cases where the system failed to recognize the account; a quick mail to the dev explaining the situation should resolve this..

All in all go for the update :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Try finding the app in the store and hit the buy/install button... It should do one of 2 things...

A) recognize you already purchased the app and let you install the "paid" version again (without having to pay) if the app still reacts like you haven't purchased it, contract the developer,

B) show a confirmation that you want to buy the app... If this is the case, for some reason the MS app store thinks you didn't previously buy it. You might check with MS rather than the developer as this would be more of an issue on their end.

boltz82

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Try finding the app in the store and hit the buy/install button... It should do one of 2 things...

A) recognize you already purchased the app and let you install the "paid" version again (without having to pay) if the app still reacts like you haven't purchased it, contract the developer,

B) show a confirmation that you want to buy the app... If this is the case, for some reason the MS app store thinks you didn't previously buy it. You might check with MS rather than the developer as this would be more of an issue on their end.

I agree with sinime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani