How to deactivate office 2013?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have office 2013 and I just purchased and activated office 365. Does anyone know exactly how do I deactivate my office 2013? I was going to give it away to a friend.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar situation when I got my SP3 replaced.

If you check the Office website you can see on what devices it's installed on. If you deactivate it on that machine then you can only use Office to open and view files.

It's all explained on the site :)

EDIT: Note to self, read the post properly before replying!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If you check the Office website you can see on what devices it's installed on. If you deactivate it on that machine then you can only use Office to open and view files.

Yeah I almost got caught out by that as well. I was thinking 365 to.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. I don't think you understand. I have office 2013 (permanent license) not office 365 already installed. Because of that it does not show up on the office website. I just talked to Microsoft and they said I just need to uninstall and reinstall for the office 365 features to take affect.

limesparks

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have office 2013 and I just purchased and activated office 365. Does anyone know exactly how do I deactivate my office 2013? I was going to give it away to a friend.

Hi I know this is an old thread but i just figured this out... run a command prompt as Administrator (right-click on the command prompt shortcut and choose 'Run as Administrator') and then input the following and hit enter:

cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:<last 5 digits of product key>

Likewise, you can change your product key by using:

cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /inpkey:<full product key>

*Note, if you have the 64-bit version of Office, you will need to take the '(x86)' out of the command syntax.

Good Luck!

:wink:*sparx*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos