Is the Developer license annual or lifetime?

Sergei Pekar

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Developer license - annual or lifetime.

Hello everyone, recently I have bought the windows phone developer license and in the description I saw that it don't expires. However when I signed in visual studio I got the message that my developer license will expire in one year. So where is the tooth?

Sergei Pekar

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Developer license - annual or lifetime.

Thank you. Sorry for adding post, I am new here. From now I will post such questions in appropriate forums

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If I recall correctly, if you paid the $20 for a developer license then it is good for lifetime... at this point I imagine the only reason for the $20 is to provide a minor barrier to entry so they only get people whole plan on publishing an app. It did use to be an annual subscription, but they changed it.

On a side note, if you haven't paid the $20 there's a license that allows you to publish apps to the virtual machine (and I believe Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 computers that allow developer licenses), that is only good for a year, but is free to renew... you also lose it format your computer, reinstall visual studio, etc...

Sergei Pekar

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you.

But it still unclear for me. Because I payed 20$ and I saw the text that saying that it is lifetime license but when I deploy my app for windows or, sometimes, on wp I get the message that it expires in the next year

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You might be seeing the developer license... If I recall correctly, when you make an app, they put a time limited license of a year that is separate from your Windows Store development license. I'm not sure the reason for this, but your publishing license should be lifetime now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3