On the live tile of my Nokia windows phone, why did the messenger icon change to a dog bone shape?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Yesterday, the icon for Facebook messenger changed from the normal lightning bolt to a dog bone. I cannot figure out why, or how to change it back! I've even removed messenger from my phone and reinstalled it. I did all the usual - turned the phone off, took out the battery, etc. How do I change it back?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, the icon for Facebook messenger changed from the normal lightning bolt to a dog bone. I cannot figure out why, or how to change it back! I've even removed messenger from my phone and reinstalled it. I did all the usual - turned the phone off, took out the battery, etc. How do I change it back?

Do you have a screenshot of what you're trying to describe? Did you receive any app update prior to the change?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Been this way for awhile, I saw in a comment thread awhile ago that someone else had it as well. It first showed up on my Icon, then on my 928, both times after a reboot. Not sure about my 520. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• Edited_Image139f98f8-6707-47d0-bca9-5e782120c45b_TapatalkEditedImage_jpg.jpg
    Edited_Image139f98f8-6707-47d0-bca9-5e782120c45b_TapatalkEditedImage_jpg.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 281

Annette Looper

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Just talked to T-Mobile and they say it's coming from the manufacturer of the app. For them, it's listed as a permanent change (?) but I think that's crazy! No one changes their logo! Anyone know how to contact windows?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3