My music, videos and photos got wiped out. Can somebody tell me how to recover my lost files

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello everyone
I am new here. My query is last night my phone wiped out everything off my memory card and I don't have any slightest idea how every music piece every photograph and every video got deleted. I was having dinner when I got a dialogue box saying that your memory card has been removed so I checked my phone and found it there only. I didn't paid much attention that time but when I checked my photos section there wasn't any and I was completely shocked. I checked music and videos and they were missing too so I thought that I might have accidentally formatted my memory card and inserted it into my laptop but I found that my documents and downloaded files were still there in the memory card. Something happened to the photos music and video files only. So I am completely bewildered about what should I do now because I want back my songs, photos and videos as I hadn't saved them online. Please help!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central.

Just connect your Memory card to your laptop again and use a file recovery software. You must do this before using the card, since once you begin using the card those missing files will be over-written.

Deepak26

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey thanks for your advice but I've already tried it and now I have most of my data that was lost but still some are missing but I think I have to download them again. Well actually I wanted to know what have caused this so that it don't happen again in near future. I'll be very grateful if you have some idea about this.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome.

Unfortunately, I cannot give a definite cause without actual testing. One possibility, though, is that the SD Card you're using could be starting to fail. Try checking the card with your PC for corrupt sectors... or you can just use a different SD Card just to be sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss