How to create a shortcut to reset wireless adapter?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi. For whatever reason (and I'd really like to know the reason, also), I occasionally have to reset the wireless adapter on my laptop in order to enable Internet access on my home wifi. Ultimately, I'd like to create a script, batch file, whatever, that can automatically reset the adapter, or find a way to eliminate the occasional need to manually reconnect. Basically, double-click on an icon, and the adapter resets. I'm very knowledgeable in software/programming. Just looking for something quicker that Windows' (7) network troubleshooting wizard that I currently use to fix the problem. Or, is there a better solution? TIA...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to create a shortcut to reset wireless adapter

Probably getting a new router and avoiding the issue altogether would be best... I recently made such a move at home. My Netgear needed constant attention almost from day one. With the more modern dual channel dLink I'm not facing that issue anymore.

I used to just tap the WiFi toggle on my Laptop to shut it off and then turn it on to force a reconnect, but that's just treating a symptom, not curing the disease.

Sorry I don't have a better shortcut for you.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: How to create a shortcut to reset wireless adapter

I got a vbs snippet from somewhere for toggling specific NICs - do a quick Bing :D
But yep, you'd be working round a problem rather than addressing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap