Lumia 925 NO SERVICE issue, how can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko-V

Banned
May 28, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 925 NO SERVICE issue

Hi everyone, bought a lumia 925 on ebay recently, clean IMEI but locked to Three UK which isnt a problem.
But the real problem is that I get NO SERVICE, not outside, not at home, no where, just no service.
Microsoft wont take the phone for repair as they wont accept the proof of purchase from ebay (WTF is the difference? i still paid money for it and its clearly not stolen)
The phone itself finds networks when I search for them manually but whatever I do it doesnt connect to any of the networks.
YES, I did test the sim cards in other different phones and it definitely works fine and its not cut.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 NO SERVICE issue

Are you sure the 925 is not SIM locked to Three UK? So what SIM you use?
Did you contact the seller on Ebay and confronted him with this defect?

If this is also not the answer you want to hear please register and reply on this post with some more background info.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

There are multiple things you can try:

1) Hard reset or
2) Dial ##3282# and check if all are enabled or
3) Flash a different ROM

One thing you haven't mentioned about is trying the phone with another SIM?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

There are multiple things you can try:

1) Hard reset or
2) Dial ##3282# and check if all are enabled or
3) Flash a different ROM

One thing you haven't mentioned about is trying the phone with another SIM?

Forget it people I have given every suggestion I know plus went to the trouble of googling his issue and found one extra suggestion like turning flight mode off (if it was on previously). He isn't listening and I'm done with his issue, and I don't take to kindly to being spoken to with such disrespect when I'm trying to help.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Are you sure the 925 is not SIM locked to Three UK? So what SIM you use?

Did you contact the seller on Ebay and confronted him with this defect?

If this is also not the answer you want to hear please register and reply on this post with some more background info.

He had another post about an hour ago which states that his phone was locked to three "which isn't an issue" quote unquote.

Original posting

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/358518-lumia-925-no-service-issue.html

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I know it can be frustrating sometimes.

@OP: being able to read networks without a SIM is normal since the phone's antennae doesn't need a SIM to detect networks. If your SIM card is not being detected then may be the SIM pins are damaged? (Bent or broken). There is no way to check it unless you pop open the back cover. In fact return the phone back to the seller if you're not comfortable in going through troubleshooting

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I know it can be frustrating sometimes.

@OP: being able to read networks without a SIM is normal since the phone's antennae doesn't need a SIM to detect networks. If your SIM card is not being detected then may be the SIM pins are damaged? (Bent or broken). There is no way to check it unless you pop open the back cover. In fact return the phone back to the seller if you're not comfortable in going through troubleshooting

I suggested testing with another three uk sim in the offending phone.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Hi djeire84,

I could be wrong, but from the avator pic the OP appears young and maybe trolling.
Just my opinion though.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Mine started doing this about a month ago. The only way I was able to fix was to perform a factory reset. So far so good

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Mine started doing this about a month ago. The only way I was able to fix was to perform a factory reset. So far so good

Don't bother yourself he posted the same issue on the forum today and he launched a full blown attack on me. First he said I was a retard, then suggested based on my gender I haven't a clue what I'm on about and so on so forth. Original forum. Here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?p=3106209 its since been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz